4.15.2009

Teabaggery afterthoughts

Drove by the park today. Saw lots of Libertarian signs. And Libertarian shirts.

Oh, and Libertarians.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like some of the ideas Libertarians have. Libertarians generally support individual liberty---pro-choice, assisted suicide, gay marriage---and they usually are anti-war. Not necessarily because they don't agree with the war, but because they don't agree with public funding for anything.

And that's where I split with them. I'm all for cooperating with Libertarians when it suits me---voting reform, drug law reform, pro-choice issues, etc. Call me a Cafeteria Libertarian. And if we had a coalition style government, this might come into play. But we don't.

And, when Libertarians start talking about getting rid of public education and social security and environmental regulations and financial regulations and all that...well, I'm out.

So, as you might imagine, when I read this comment on the N-G's TEA party article, I laughed my tuchus off.
I dig the irony of tax protesters using a public park.
Posted by htucker on April 15, 2009 at 2:41 PM
That comment is all WIN.

No comments: