2.09.2009

Everybody loves a visual aid---but probably not this one




Found via Boing Boing in their aptly titled post "Scary-ass job-loss chart comparing previous and current recession." It's a chart from Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's blog.

Scary. *Very* scary.

I saw another article that had an economist making the case for "actual unemployment" being at 13.9%. The economist went on to say that meant inflation wasn't much of a concern. So, we got that going for us.

:(

I'm *still* not sure how a tax cut on $0 earnings is much of a help to all these folks without a job....

2 comments:

Narc said...

Yeah, that's one scary-ass graph. I just can't believe the 13% figure. That's about one person in seven. I just don't see unemployment like that around me. Maybe I'm just insulated from it. Either way, I'm damn glad I have a job right about now.

Gamera said...

Yah, having a job to go to never felt so good. Maybe it will cure us of having the Mondays....