12.01.2008

DUBSTEP!

Recently, I've been introduced to dubstep.

Love.

Never heard of dubstep, you say? You could read wikipedia if you want wiki knowledge, but better yet, you could give it a listen. That's the only way to really know what *it* is.

Here's an internet radio station: Dubstep.fm. You can add the stream to your iTunes and listen to it whenever you get the craving.

I've heard some people are rapping over dubstep which can be *amazing.* Some people locally are making thugstep remixes---here's a thugstep mix from DJ Belly. He spins Thursday nights at Boltini. You can download it for free after a 45 second wait. It's only 12 minutes long so it doesn't take forever to download.

FYI: If you don't hear this on good speakers, you will *totally* miss the fabulousity of the bass in dubstep. Something about the bass going down to X mhz and most speakers only going to X+Y mhz. Or something. And the YouTube doesn't sound as good either---the bass is missing. But I'm sure that's because it gets compressed somehow.

Frankly, I dig it. And since I *love* some serious bass---especially with my politics---here's a 10-minute dubstep mix with photos of Banksy's work from around the world.



You are either gonna love it or hate it. I *really* like it.

No comments: